Bethany Public Schools Hall Of Honor
It is the intent of Bethany Public Schools to honor people who have attended or given service to our school district. Please review the information below and nominate a person who is worthy of consideration for this honor.
- In order to be considered for the Bethany Public Schools Hall of Honor the nominee must have given distinguished service and/or brought honor to Bethany Public Schools.
- A committee of nine people will consider candidates. The committee will be composed of one BPS faculty member, Alumni President, four students, (Student Council President, Vice President, Junior and Senior Class Presidents) High School Principal, Board of Education President, and one alumnus nominated each year by the committee. The Superintendent of Schools and Superintendent’s secretary will be exofficio's of the committee.
- Nominations for this honor may be submitted to the Superintendent’s office, High School Principal’s office, Alumni President, or the President of the Board of Education. All nominations will be forwarded to the committee. Nominations may be submitted from any person such as: faculty, community member, alumni, and students. Induction into the Hall of Honor shall be based primarily upon activities in the realm of society, rather than upon high school achievements, unless they are of such stature as to be far and above the ordinary.
- A maximum of four people may be inducted into the Hall of Honor each year or a minimum of zero people may be inducted into the Hall of Honor each year.
- A special engraved plaque with the individual’s photograph and citation of induction will be placed in the designated hallway of the gymnasium at Bethany High School. A miniature version of the induction plaque will be presented to the individual, their designee or, in the case of a posthumous award, a family member. The presentation and induction ceremony will be a part of the first or second home football game each school year.
- Nomination forms will be available at all school sites and when feasible mailed to alumni along with other informational items such as foundation banquet, five year banquet, and special alumni events and activities.